HOW TO make biofloc ready for application in feed
Ingredients needed for making 100 litres of biofloc:
- 5 litres Molasses
- 15 Bananas
- 1 Pineapple
- 7 tablets of Vitamin C, each of 100mg approx
- 7 tablets of Vitamin B, each of 100mg approx
- 14 Eggs
- OZPOLISH Bio-Cure Professional
- 50 gms Yeast Powder
- Mix Molasses well to clean, unaerated water inside a barrel (or drum).
- Put bananas, pineapple, Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Egg, Yeast powder in mixer grinder and mix thoroughly.
- Add 3Kgs sugar/Jaggery and 1Kg of OZPOLISH Bio-Cure Professional to the above mixture. Also add 1Kg of Inactive Dried Yeast to the same mixture.
- Take a barrel (or, drum) and add 100 litres of clean water. Mix all the above mixture in this water and let it sit well for 15 minutes. Don’t give aeration.
- Cap the barrel securely and tightly. Keep the drum in a cool and dry place for 7-8 days.
- After 7-8 Days biofloc should be ready to apply in the feed.
Application in a Culture Tank:
Add 100 ml probiotic mixture form non aerated barrel to 4Kg of floating fish feed (never use sinking fish feed) and then mix it with 1 Litre of water. Store for 1 or 2 days for use. Feeding procedure is 2 times per day. HOW TO make biofloc ready for application in feed
Procedure for maintaining culture tank.
- Weekly replace 10-15% of water.
- Add 66 Gms of lime to every 1000 Litres of water.
- Add 50 ML of Molasses per 1000 Litres of water.
- Add 50ml probiotic mixture per 1000 Litres of water.
- Check biofloc level regularly whether it is below 60 ml per liter or not.
- Also, regularly check the water and flock level.