HOW TO make biofloc ready for application in water
Ingredients needed for making 100 litres of biofloc:
- 3kg Sugar or Jaggery
- 15 Bananas
- 1 Pineapple
- 1 tablet of Vitamin C, each of 100mg approx
- 7 tablets of Vitamin B, each of 100mg approx
- 14 Eggs
- OZPOLISH Bio-Cure Professional
- 20 grams of Yeast Powder
- 1kg Inactive Dried Yeast 1Kg
- Put banana, pineapple, Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Egg, and Yeast powder in a mixer grinder and mix thoroughly.
- Add 3Kgs sugar / Jaggery to 1Kg of OZPOLISH Bio-Cure Professional.
- Take a barrel (or, drum) and add 100Litres of clean water. Mix all the above contents in the water. Let the contents sit well in water. Start aeration, after 15 minutes.
- Cap the barrel securely and tightly. Keep it in a cool and dry place for 7-8 days.
- After 7-8 days, the biofloc should be ready to apply to the pond water.
Application in a Culture Tank:
- Fill the water up to 80-100cms height of your fish culture tank. The tank must have aeration.
- Add 1.7gms salt [Salt without iodine] per 1000Litres of water.
- Add 100gms lime per 1000Litres of water.
- Add 100ml molasses per 1000Litres of water.
- Add 100 ml Probiotic mixture from the barrel per 1000Litres of water.
Testing and Verification:
After adding all necessary ingredients leave it for 7 days and then check biofloc by Imhoff cone whether biofloc level has reached up to 60 ml per liter or not. If yes then the culture tank is ready to insert fish and if not some more OZPOLISH Bio-Cure Professional (50-100gms) needs to be added and wait for a few more days. Keep checking regularly once the biofloc level reached 60 or above, you can start the culture.