OZPOLISH Purity is a synthetic adsorbent that helps trap organic waste in aquariums, making the water cleaner and clearer. This filter media is capable of being reused through the process of regeneration, making it an economical choice for aquarium enthusiasts.
To regenerate OZPOLISH Purity, the following materials are needed:
- Household bleach containing 3-8% sodium hypochlorite
- Non-metallic container
- OZPOLISH De Chlorine
- OZPOLISH De Stress
- Tap water
- Used pad of OZPOLISH Purity
Steps to Regenerate OZPOLISH Purity
- Prepare a solution of 50% bleach and 50% water in the non-metallic container.
- Submerge the used OZPOLISH Purity pad in the solution for 24 hours in a dark, ventilated place away from children and pets. Wear disposable gloves when handling bleach.
- After 24 hours, rinse the OZPOLISH Purity pad with clean, running tap water. Then, place it in a buffer solution of a cup of water with 5 tablespoons of OZPOLISH De Chlorine for 8 hours.
- Once the OZPOLISH Purity pad has been rinsed with clean water and soaked in the buffer solution, place it back into the filter chamber. Apply OZPOLISH De Stress or OZPOLISH De Chlorine and turn on the filter.
- Using this method, the OZPOLISH Purity could be regenerated multiple times. However, every regeneration could reduce its efficacy due to its usage. Hence it is recommended not to regenerate a pad of OZPOLISH Purity more than 5 times. For clarity on understanding the result of regeneration after the first usage of OZPOLISH Purity, the respective BEFORE and AFTER images could be referred to.
- Pads could be alternated, while one is in the regeneration process.
- OZPOLISH Purity colour will change from white to brownish, which is an indicator that it needs to be changed or regenerated.
- Do not reuse OZPOLISH Purity if the smell of bleach/ chlorine is present. It is always better to get the buffer solution tested for chlorine.